The Americas Latino Eco Festival is a non-profit 3-day festival and most events are FREE and open to all! This year’s event has something for everyone, including a BioBlitz, environmental film series, leadership trainings, eco-book fair, green impact fair, family day, and of course, a proper Latin Fiesta!
While most events are free, space for certain events is limited. To register for specific events, please click below. You will be taken to our Eventbrite portal, where you can select the events you wish to register for and the number of people you want to register.
Over the last four years, the Festival has – among myriad other accomplishments:
- Secured more than 20 national feature articles and 30 million media impressions;
- Worked with dozens of schools in Colorado and engaged more than 3,000 students in our annual K-12 Eco Exhibits educating future conservation leaders on species migrations and climate change;
- Brought together more than 2,000 advocates, enthusiasts, media, policy-makers and leaders from the world’s leading conservation organizations, including more than 10 Goldman Prize winners;
- Curated 15 environmental art exhibits with guest artists from Mexico, Cuba, Uruguay, Argentina, Puerto Rico, Spain and the US;
- Presented more than 10 musical and theater performances, including Grammy, Latin Grammy and MacArthur Genius winners;
- Conducted leadership training addressing the need to increase the diversity of the conservation and climate leadership;
- Showcased more than 20 authors, including Pulitzer, Goldman, Champion of the Earth, Newberry, and National Book Award winners;
For more information, please go to www.americaslatinoecofestival.org.
To volunteer for ALEF 2016, please click on the button below. You will be taken to the Volunteer page on our website, where you can select as many volunteer slots as you are willing, able and available to help us with. WE REALLY NEED AND APPRECIATE YOUR HELP! Please help keep ALEF a predominantly volunteer-run festival!
As an added incentive, we are offering a daily stipend of $25 for anyone volunteering 4 hours per day or more, and $50 for anyone volunteering 8 hours or more.
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR VOLUNTEERING!
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!